Friday, July 29, 2011

Zucchini, summer squash, dill

Very short entry this time, for a recipe that's really delicious (and not mine).  It comes from the New York Times "Recipes for Health" series. I've made it several times (and it's got to be good to be worthy of repeating, with all the wonderful possibilities in the world of cooking good food!). It uses zucchini and dill, both of which we have an abundant supply this week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/25/health/nutrition/25recipehealth.html

Note:
  • I've made this dish with phyllo, and I've also made it with regular pie crust.  Both are good.  It is essentially similar to spanakopita, but made with zucchini (and/or summer squash).
  • It is important to squeeze all of the water out of the shredded squash before making the filling.  I usually save this water and add onions, carrots, etc. to make a soup stock, which gets tucked away in my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment