These are the elements of a very easy and delicious salsa. Place the following ingredients into a food processor: tomatillos (I used two good-sized ones, because that's what we got in this week's share), ground cherries (again, I used the whole share amount--probably about a cup), 2/3 cup of cilantro, 4 cloves garlic, 1 small onion, 1 small pepper, 1 small tomato, 1 t. salt, and juice from one lime. Pulse until the texture is the way you like it. I
love this salsa!
Notes:
- You can make this as hot or mild as you'd like, depending on whether you use bell peppers or jalapeno, poblano, etc.--or any combination.
- Salsa is a very flexible sort of food, so amounts and ingredients can vary quite a bit and it will still be delicious.
- Serving suggestion: mix the salsa with leftover corn, taken off the cob, and seasoned black beans; serve on a bed of greens for a wonderful summer salad.
No comments:
Post a Comment